A page with great variety, displaying further art work, as well as a step-by-step guide on producing wood engravings.
Whilst teaching English and Art in Sudan, Peter visited and lived with the Nuba tribe. He made numerous sketches of their villages and house complexes, body art, and other cultural implements. These images show just a few pages.
SUDAN SCHOOL ART
Pieces produced by Sudan school children
At the main Secondary School, Peter was able to teach Art to the younger students. Their enthusiasm for describing their own village life is evident in their paintings, as most of them boarded away from home.
HOW TO .. WOOD ENGRAVE
A step-by-step guide on how to engrave on end-grain hardwood using special engraving tools.
1. DRAW YOUR DESIGN ON THE WOOD IN REVERSE
2. THE FIRST CUTS ARE GUIDED BY A MIRROR
3. 2ND CUTS GUIDED BY A MIRROR IMAGE
4. THE FINISHED PEICE READY FOR TEST PRINTS
5. WOOD ENGRAVING OF LLYN NANTLLE INKED UP
6. ARTIST'S FINAL PRINT OUTCOME - LLYN NANTLLE
Peter is trained in sculpture, and has combined his painting style with his sculpture ideas to produce marquette (models) to take on 3D paintings.